Friday, April 27, 2012

April 26, 2012

Today I didn't have my public health class because we had just turned in our projects so I was able to sleep in. My first class wasn't until 10:20. I then went to school and had my Holocaust and Genocide class, where we talked about the war in Yugoslavia. This was very interesting because there was a girl in my class whose family was from Bosnia so we were able to hear her story first hand as she lived in Bosnia until she was 6. After Holocaust and Genocide I had my Danish Test...EWWWWW. I don't think it was terrible, but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. The test involved a section that we had where our Danish teacher read something in Danish and we had to answer questions about it, then a section where we had to read a long text in Danish and answer questions about it in English, and then we had to translate certain phrases, and the last part of the test was the culture portion where we had to answer certain questions about Danish Culture. After my Danish test I went home, and did more work. We then had dinner which consisted of meatballs, potatoes and vegetables. I helped my host dad cook dinner. I was peeling potatoes, but clearly I wasn't peeling them fast enough because he asked me if I wanted to switch jobs. I didn't really want to make the meatballs, so I said I would rather not, so once he got the meatballs started in the frying pan, he helped me finish the potatoes and they were done in no time. After dinner we had flødeboller. This is pretty much the best Danish dessert ever!! It is a wafer-type thing with lots of marshmallow on top, covered in chocolate. This is one of the types of food I will miss the most I think when I am back in the states this summer. They are so delicious but very rich because I ate two (because my host mom wasn't home) and I started to feel sick from consuming all that deliciously goodness so quickly. It was definitely worth it though. I only have 3.5 weeks left of flødeboller so I have to make the most of the time I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment