Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 21, 2012

Today my host mom, Laura, and I went to Sweden. We woke up and left around 10:30 or so. We got to Helsingør and bought tickets for the ferry. When we got to the ticket booth for the ferry they told us that they were having some promotion and the ferry was free. We weren't totally sure how or why, but we didn't argue and we just took the free tickets and got in line for the ferry. When we got to Helsingborg it started to rain. We didn't end up doing too much in Sweden. We wandered around a few shops, and eventually we ended up at this "hyggligt" diner for lunch. I got a sandwich with Brie and Salami on a Baguette and it was delicious. This place also had really good looking cakes (in Danish a cake is basically anything sweet that has been baked). I ended up with a mint chocolate frosted brownie and it was superlækert (super delicious). We then walked around a little more and came to a park. By this time the weather was much nicer so we walked around the park a little bit, then we got back on the ferry, and headed home. We were home by about 5 or so. We really weren't in Sweden very long, but long enough for me to say that I have been to Sweden. It was a fun day out, but unfortunately the weather wasn't nicer. When we got to Sweden though, the foggy rain was kind of how I had imagined it. Thats typical Swedish weather, so I don't think I would have gotten a true Swedish experience if it had been a really nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment