Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 24, 2012

Today I met up with my group for my Danish project. We are doing a presentation about the Danish education system. This meeting basically just allowed us to figure out where we are going with our project and what needed to be done. I then had Public Health Ethics and we talked about immunizations and whether the state should be allowed to mandate immunizations or not. My teacher asked me if there were certain rules in New Hampshire, because after I mentioned about the seat belts, she has been particularly intrigued by my response to these issues. After public health ethics I had my Human Trafficking class, and we talked about forced labor. We heard stories of how gangs are taking homeless people off the streets in Britain and are using them as modern day slaves, where they aren't being compensated, and are being forced to work, and are being sold from one person to another. It was hard to imagine that this type of stuff is happening right under our noses. It isn't the thing that you just hear about happening in the poor underprivileged countries, but happens all over the world. After class I came home and slept for 2.5 hours. I probably would have slept longer, but my cell phone rang because my host parents were wondering where I was. They weren't home when I got home so I just came upstairs to take a nap, and since I had said I would be home for dinner tonight I think they were concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment