Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April 23, 2012

Today my public health class was cancelled. This meant that I got to sleep in. I ended up going to school earlier than I had to so that I could finish proofreading my Holocaust paper. I finally got that to a point where I was happy with it, and I turned it in. In Holocaust and Genocide class our teacher knew it was pointless to have us do any reading considering we all had to finish our papers so instead of lecture we watched a movie. This movie was about a mass grave excavation in Vukovar, Yugoslavia. This movie was also very graphic. It involved people digging up the dead bodies from the war, and putting them into body bags, and sending them to the lab to be identified. Some of these bodies were still in a recognizable state, as the soil acted as type of preservative. This movie was very informative, but very hard to watch. I then had my Danish Class. In Danish class we talked more about our test on Thursday, which might be kind of difficult. In Danish we heard some popular Danish music. The types of songs that we heard in Danish class were not ones that I would have expected my Danish teacher to choose. I didn't really like them either, but it was to give us a taste of the type of music that is currently popular. After Danish I went to the computer lab as I had a skype meeting for Radiance since I am co-president next year. That seemed to go pretty well. All I can say is I am glad I am not in Rochester right now because it was snowing when I was skyping with them yesterday. I then went to Torvehallen (the glass market) to get dinner. I was hoping to get falafel because when I went there before I got this really good falafel and french fries, and it was pretty cheap, but I got there and the falafel place was closed. I don't know why. I ended up with Shawarma (a meat sandwich) instead. It was really yummy. I then went to this place called Agnes Cupcakes, and got a Caramel cupcake, which was a vanilla sponge cake with chocolate chips and caramel on the top. I then had to meet up with my group for my public health project. That meeting seemed to be pretty productive. We managed to get a lot accomplished, and I think we are almost done with that project. We worked on it for about 2 hours. I then went to catch my train home, and that didn't work out so well. I guess they changed the schedule of the trains on April 10th, but I didn't know that because I hadn't stayed late at all since travel break. This meant that I had to take another train to one station and then switch, which would have been fine, but I didn't know that so I managed to miss the last bus back to my host family's house, which is at 9:49. I ended up having to call my host dad to have him come pick me up because I arrived at the station at 9:55.

No comments:

Post a Comment